Details and Download Link to Mayo Clinic Expert Pearls in ENT Online CME Course Video Course
By Mayo Clinic CME Courses (Online Education)
In this article, we are going to introduce a new Mayo Clinic CME Video Course: Mayo Clinic Expert Pearls in ENT Online CME Course Video Course. Mayo Clinic is Well-known for its CME Education Video Courses which provides you with Perfect and Exclusive Board Review and Comprehensive Review Video Courses and will help you to ensure your success in Exams (Board Exam, MOC ,…) as well as helps you to update your knowledge. Mayo Clinic has provided Board Review Courses and Lectures in almost all medical specialties to ensure you success in daily practice.
Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development is an accredited, not-for-profit school within Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science.
at the end of this article , you will be provided with Direct Download Link to Mayo Clinic Expert Pearls in ENT Online CME Course Video Course
Course Director: Devyani Lal, M.D.
Available until July 7, 2023 – Online CME Course
This Mayo Clinic online course focuses on select topics of contemporary interest to Otolaryngologists. The course is richly illustrated with pictures, figures and videos. Each subject matter is covered by expert subspecialists who share their pearls in managing these conditions.
“Frontal Sinus Surgery- Systematic Technique” is designed for those who wish to undertake formal frontal sinus dissection. This part will comprehensively cover the related surgical anatomy and helpful instrumentation. The basic technique in frontal sinusotomy (Draf IIA) will be detailed via figures and videos. Indications, steps and concepts in advanced surgical techniques will be also discussed. The course will not cover balloon-only procedures.
“Pearls in Rhinology” will discuss updates in management of epistaxis, chronic sinusitis without nasal polyps, allergic fungal sinusitis and Eustachian tube dysfunction.
“Pearls in Laryngology” will detail Killian-Jamieson diverticulum, management of recurrent laryngeal nerve transection, laryngeal oddities, muscle tension dysphagia, and considerations in communicating with singer patients.
“Facial Plastic Surgery for the General Otolaryngologist” will cover rhinoplasty techniques and management of the paralytic eyelid. Rhinoplasty will focus on identification of preoperative findings and techniques for correction. Special focus on using costal cartilage (cadaveric or autologous) that are applicable to the general otolaryngologist. The course on management of the paralytic eyelid will dive deeply into the issues that arise with both the upper and lower eyelid when paralysis is present. This will include discussion of medical management and surgical treatment options with special focus on the bipedicled orbicularis oculi musculocutaneous flap.
You may register for components independently. A 10% discount is offered if you register for the full course.
|Entire Course (all four components)||6.50 credit hours|
|Frontal Sinus Surgery – Systematic Technique||2.00 credit hours|
|Pearls in Rhinology||1.25 credit hours|
|Pearls in Laryngology||2.25 credit hours|
|Facial Plastic Surgery for the General Otolaryngologist||1.00 credit hours|
The course is designed primarily for Otolaryngologists. Certain sections may be of interest to Speech and Language Pathologists, NPs and PAs with practices dedicated to Otolaryngology
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
Frontal Sinus Surgery – Systematic Technique
- Identify and correlate endoscopic landmarks to simulate a 3D construct of the frontal sinus outflow tract.
- Differentiate frontal techniques based on extent of surgery (Draf I-III)
- Detail steps and instruments for “standard” endoscopic frontal techniques (Draf I, Draf IIA)
- Enumerate indications and steps of advanced frontal techniques
Pearls in Rhinology
- Evaluate a laddered approach to the management of epistaxis
- Classify subtypes of chronic rhinosinusitis without nasal polyps
- Discuss the pathophysiology and inflammatory mechanisms of allergic fungal sinusitis
- Assess treatment strategies for dilatory Eustachian tube dysfunction
Pearls in Laryngology
- Recognize the differences between a Killian-Jamieson and Zenkers diverticulum
- Identify the appearance of different rheumatologic diseases of the larynx
- Examine the theoretical framework for muscle tension dysphagia (MTDg)
- Identify how singers describe vocal function and voice problems
Facial Plastic Surgery for the General Otolaryngologist
- Identify cases where rib grafting may be beneficial
- Perform diced cartilage grafting for dorsal correction and/or dorsal augmentation
- Assess the paralytic eyelid by history and physical exam
- Identify medical and surgical management options for the paralytic eyelid
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Mayo Clinic believes that the needs of the patient come first. Therefore, Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development maintains a commitment to and tradition of developing and maintaining distinguished educational activities to enhance and enrich your medical knowledge and improve your service to the patient.
Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development is proud to offer a unique learning experience for today’s health care professional, including:
• More than 200 educational activities offered annually throughout the world
• Highly educated faculty in every field
• World-class resources combining clinical practice and research through education
• Integrated, collaborative learning environment
• Educational activities delivered in a wide variety of formats (live courses, enduring materials, regularly scheduled series, Internet point of care and more)
Mayo Clinic is accredited by:
• Joint Accreditation Interprofessional Continuing Education
• Maintenance of Certification (MOC)
• Board of Certification (BOC)
• American Psychological Association (APA)
• Academy of General Dentistry (AGD)
Continuing Medical Education
Unparalleled continuing medical education is essential. Excellent customer service is paramount. That is why we at Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development place the highest importance on producing a complete educational experience for you, our learner.
A diverse health care team brings a range of experiences, perspectives, and innovations to deliver the highest quality care.
Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development (MCSCPD) strives to foster a learning environment in which individual differences are valued, allowing all to achieve their fullest potential.
To that end, MCSCPD faculty and staff are committed to a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion as we work together to provide exceptional learning experiences and to promote health equity within the communities we serve.
At MedicalCME.Center , we take user experience very seriously and thus always strive to improve. we hope this article will be beneficial for you.
Course Category: All CME Courses, Mayo Clinic, Radiology
Click On The Link Below To Aceess Mayo Clinic Expert Pearls in ENT Online CME Course Video Course