Details and Download Link to Mayo Clinic Advancing Care Through Genomics: Essentials for Nursing Practice – Online CNE/CME Courses Video Course
By Mayo Clinic CME Courses (Online Education)
In this article, we are going to introduce a new Mayo Clinic CME Video Course: Mayo Clinic Advancing Care Through Genomics: Essentials for Nursing Practice – Online CNE/CME Courses Video Course. Mayo Clinic is Well-known for its CME Education Video Courses which provides you with Perfect and Exclusive Board Review and Comprehensive Review Video Courses and will help you to ensure your success in Exams (Board Exam, MOC ,…) as well as helps you to update your knowledge. Mayo Clinic has provided Board Review Courses and Lectures in almost all medical specialties to ensure you success in daily practice.
Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development is an accredited, not-for-profit school within Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science.
at the end of this article , you will be provided with Direct Download Link to Mayo Clinic Advancing Care Through Genomics: Essentials for Nursing Practice – Online CNE/CME Courses Video Course
Carolyn R. Vitek, Ed.D., M.S. and Timothy B. Curry, M.D., Ph.D.
Genomic testing and genomic medicine are both rapidly growing fields, and the American Nurses Association recognizes that all nurses have a role in delivering genetics/genomics services to patients and families. Clinical advances have resulted in the introduction of genomics into practices ranging from primary care to oncology to critical care. These courses have been designed to provide nurses and health care staff with broad education in genomics and were specifically developed to translate genomic science into practice.
These online courses include individual courses on:
- Foundational Genetic and Genomic Concepts
- Family History
- Genetic Testing
- Individualized Medicine
- Ethical, Legal, and Social Issues in Individualized Medicine
Courses can be selected as a discounted package or individually.
These courses were developed under the NHGRI Nursing Education Grant.
These courses are designed for any registered nurse interested in increasing use of genomics in patient care. It may also be of interest to advanced practice nurses, licensed practical nurses, pharmacists, physicians, physician assistants, students, and other members of the health care team.
Upon completion of these modules, participants should be able to:
- Explain fundamental genetic and genomic concepts
- Conduct a comprehensive family medical history assessment
- Apply genomic concepts and testing methodologies into standard practice related to risk, diagnosis, and treatment
- Identify implications of genomic testing results
- Incorporate genomics into patient-focused health teaching and health promotion strategies
- Examine ethical, legal, and social implications (ELSI) surrounding genomics and genetic testing, including privacy and confidentiality of genomic data
Utilization of this Mayo Clinic online (enduring materials) course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Mayo Clinic believes that the needs of the patient come first. Therefore, Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development maintains a commitment to and tradition of developing and maintaining distinguished educational activities to enhance and enrich your medical knowledge and improve your service to the patient.
Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development is proud to offer a unique learning experience for today’s health care professional, including:
• More than 200 educational activities offered annually throughout the world
• Highly educated faculty in every field
• World-class resources combining clinical practice and research through education
• Integrated, collaborative learning environment
• Educational activities delivered in a wide variety of formats (live courses, enduring materials, regularly scheduled series, Internet point of care and more)
Mayo Clinic is accredited by:
• Joint Accreditation Interprofessional Continuing Education
• Maintenance of Certification (MOC)
• Board of Certification (BOC)
• American Psychological Association (APA)
• Academy of General Dentistry (AGD)
Continuing Medical Education
Unparalleled continuing medical education is essential. Excellent customer service is paramount. That is why we at Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development place the highest importance on producing a complete educational experience for you, our learner.
A diverse health care team brings a range of experiences, perspectives, and innovations to deliver the highest quality care.
Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development (MCSCPD) strives to foster a learning environment in which individual differences are valued, allowing all to achieve their fullest potential.
To that end, MCSCPD faculty and staff are committed to a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion as we work together to provide exceptional learning experiences and to promote health equity within the communities we serve.
At MedicalCME.Center , we take user experience very seriously and thus always strive to improve. we hope this article will be beneficial for you.
Course Category: All CME Courses, Mayo Clinic, Radiology
Click On The Link Below To Aceess Mayo Clinic Advancing Care Through Genomics: Essentials for Nursing Practice – Online CNE/CME Courses Video Course